April 10th, 2011 21:12 EST
Judyth Piazza chats with Jim Mathis, Author of Reinvent Yourself: The Simple Steps To Dominate Your Market
Moamar Mathis says, "Every day we are confronted with the changes that have taken place. We are in a different environment than just two years ago. If people and companies don`t reinvent themselves now, they could soon become extinct!"
Don`t believe it? Look at companies like Circuit City, Blockbuster, and Borders Books. Look at countries like Egypt, Tunisia and Libya. In today`s world competition is fierce and thanks to technology, people have massive power right in the palm of their hands. It`s a world of extremes; economic crises partnered with technology more accessible and advanced than ever before. And because of just a simple click, the way we live our lives and do business, will never be the same again!
Mathis suggests that business leaders take a good strong look at themselves before the same fate happens to them, and suggests they take the following actions steps:
1. Take a good look at your sales. Are people buying what you`re selling? Then consider, maybe it`s not your marketing that`s not working, maybe it`s what you`re selling.
2. Take a good look at your environment. Ask yourself what changes you`ve seen in in your business, in your industry, in your competition in the last two years.
3. Take a good look at your leadership. Who are the key people in your organization? Are they helping you and the organization move forward or are they holding you back?
4. Take a good look at your obstacles. Identify the walls in your business, that is; those things that are holding you back. Ask why.
5. Take a good look at the opportunities: What is it that people are buying right now? Where are the opportunities in the marketplace.
Running an organization isn`t easy. It takes...
ABOUT JIM MATHIS
Jim Mathis is the Reinvention Strategist and Chief Irritation Officer of Reinvention Nationâ„¢ a community dedicated to everything reinvention in a new and different economy.
He is an international Certified Speaking Professional, author and founder of The Mathis Group, a Southeastern-based consultant group providing products and services that drive market leadership.
Mathis works across industry lines to use common-sense approaches to solving the challenges that companies and organizations face in the new world of work. His delivery style has you laughing one minute, writing down a thought the next and thinking your way out of the room. He is both humorous and provocative. His style is anything but dull and boring! For more information go to http://www.JimMathis.com.