July 27th, 2011 17:21 EST
Portable Toilet Explodes: Aussie Airman Suffers Severe Burns
"A Royal Australian Air Force member is being treated for severe burns after a portable toilet exploded while he was lighting a cigarette.
A spokeswoman for the Department of Community Safety said the airman was participating in the Australia-United States joint military exercise Talisman Sabre 2011 when the toilet exploded at about 9:30 a.m. Monday, the Sydney Morning Herald reported Wednesday."
It`s not uncommon for soldiers to be injured during military exercises, but this is probably the first time in recorded history that a soldier was injured by an exploding toilet.
If this accident doesn`t motivate the young airman to quit smoking, nothing will.
The soldier is fortunate he wasn`t killed, that would have been a very crappy way to die.
It will be most embarrassing when the young man is asked how he earned the Australian equivalent of the Purple Cross.
Follow Robert Paul Reyes on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robertpaulreyes