November 6th, 2012 13:25 EST
Massive Election Day Turnout Among Values voters
Family Research Council Action says evidence suggests massive Election Day turnout among values voters. In the last 14 months FRC Action`s Values Bus has crisscrossed the country campaigning for values in 28 states. The Values Bus was greeted by enthusiastic crowds as it spent the final weekend of this election cycle in Ohio.
FRC Action President, Tony Perkins spoke at a church in Dayton, Ohio Sunday morning and a church in Springdale, Ohio on Sunday evening.
"In my almost twenty years involved in politics, I have never seen values voters so energized," said Family Research Council Action President Tony Perkins. "This level of intensity is clearly driven by this administration`s policies that are so hostile to religious freedom. The Obamacare`s mandates are a clear infringement on religious freedom.
"President Obama talks about the freedom of worship which is what we do within the four walls of the church. However, values voters are concerned about the freedom of religion which is the ability to live your life according to the teachings of your faith. These voters see that freedom of religion is under attack by this President. I would not be surprised to see tomorrow`s turnout of values voters eclipse what we saw in 2004," concluded Perkins.
This year, in advance of the election:
- FRC has helped register nearly 500,000 new values voters and distributed millions of voter guides through FRC`s allies and its network of more than 18,000 churches.
- FRC hosted a major simulcast, "iPledge Sunday 2012," which reached over 6,000 churches and home groups and aired on Christian television networks across the country.
- FRC has been touring the country this year with the Heritage Foundation for the "Your Money, Your Values, Your Vote" Values Bus tour. The tour has traveled more than 70,000 miles through 28 states over the last 14 months.
- Faith Family Freedom Fund launched the "Repeal and Replace McCaskill" bus tour in Missouri to raise awareness about Sen. Claire McCaskill`s far left voting record.
- Faith Family Freedom Fund spent over $550,000 on TV and radio ads in closely contested congressional races.
- FRC Action hosted its annual Values Voter Summit, the largest gathering of social conservatives every year in Washington, D.C.
For a list of candidates endorsed by FRC Action PAC, click here: www.frcactionpac.org/endorsements
On Election night, Family Research Council Action President Tony Perkins, along with FRC`s Senior Fellow Ken Blackwell and FRC Action PAC President Connie Mackey are available to discuss the presidential race, state races where FRC Action PAC and the Faith Family Freedom Fund have been invested, and the marriage ballot initiatives in Maryland, Maine, Washington and Minnesota.
SOURCE: Christian Newswire