April 10th, 2013 11:34 EST
How Young Hollywood Can Cope With A Break Up
Sometimes it can be difficult for celebrities to manage the stress and depression of ending a relationship with someone. Here are some tips on how celebrities can deal with a breakup.
1.Give it some time. At first, you will feel sad and will not want to do anything, however things do get better as time goes on. Give it a month or so and you will feel a little better. Just understand that as more as time goes by, the better you will feel.
2. Meet new people. Do some volunteer work to meet some people and make new friends. Getting involved by helping others will make you feel better and your help could assist many people who may be worse off than you. Go to your local church and see what kinds of volunteer activities are available in the community.
3. Stay Active. Determine what interests you may have and pursue those things you may like to do. Maybe you always wanted to travel someplace and never had the time or maybe you wanted to try a new hobby. This would be a great time to do something you like.
4. Help The Animals. Get involved at your local animal shelter. Animals can be a great source of companionship and they can help uplift our spirits. Animals are a great way to prevent loneliness and many of them need your help. You won`t be sorry if you spend some time playing with a dog, cat or other animal.
5. Learn to manage your negative thinking. When you are depressed, you will tend to think of negative things. When this happens remind yourself that worry exaggerates the problems you have and that things will get better. Try to avoid negative thoughts and remain positive.
6. Stay Optimistic. Remind yourself that you will meet other people and make new friends. Try to go to places where you can meet other people and just be yourself. You never know when you might make a new friend.
Remember that just because you ended a relationship does not mean that you will be alone for the rest of your life. People come and go and with that relationships develop and end. The key is to be the best person you can be and just be yourself. You will feel better a lot faster if you stay active and make the effort to make new friends.
Stan Popovich is the author of A Layman`s Guide to Managing Fear Using Psychology, Christianity and Non Resistant Methods " For additional information go to: http://www.managingfear.com/