July 24th, 2013 12:12 EST
Dude Wins Beer Drinking Contest, Then Dies Of Alcohol Poisoning
"JoaquÃn Alcaraz Gracia entered a beer drinking contest in Spain Wednesday, and after reportedly drinking six liters (about 12.5 pints) in 20 minutes, won the annual drinking festival`s top prize.
Witnesses believed he was suffering alcohol poisoning and contacted emergency services. By the time medical personnel arrived, Gracia was reportedly in cardiac arrest. The 45-year-old passed away shortly after his arrival at the hospital."
Gracia started vomited immediately after he was declared the winner, which isn`t surprising. If you consume gallons of beer in 20 minutes, it`s going to come gushing out of one body orifice or another.
Who`s the biggest moron, Gracia who won the contest but ended up losing his life or the bar owner who will certainly be sued by Gracia`s family?
The UPI article included this comment by a reader:
If he had smoked 12.5 blunts in 20 minutes, he would have eaten a carton of ice cream a pizza and taken a long nap.
Amen! Marijuana is a natural herb and not a dangerous drug like heroin or alcohol. Regardless how much weed you consume, you won`t be in danger of taking an eternal nap.
Moral of this story: Legalize weed!
Read more: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/Blog/2013/07/19/Man-wins-beer-drinking-contest-then-dies/3341374258207/#ixzz2Zyaqa3Vw
Follow Robert Paul Reyes on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robertpaulreyes
Photo Credit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page