Contact theSOPAbout theSOPSupport theSOPWritersEditorsManaging Editors
theSOP logo
Published:July 28th, 2014 15:48 EST
samsung

Samsung Phone Caught Fire Under Sleeping Girl`s Pillow: Video

By Robert Paul Reyes

"A 13-year-old Texas girl was recently awoken by a smoldering Samsung cell phone under her pillow, according to KDFW.

samsung

Ariel Tolfree told KDFW she put her Samsung Galaxy S4 under her pillow when she fell asleep. Later that night, she smelled something burning.

Tolfree`s dad believes the phone overheated, causing the battery to swell and ignite a small fire."

Q13Fox.Com

If I had a 13-year-old daughter I would be more worried if she slept with a cell phone under her pillow, than if she slept next to her boyfriend.

Let`s hope this serves as a wake-up call for Ariel, she has an unhealthy relationship with her phone. If she sleeps with her phone again, let`s hope that it will catch on fire burning her fingers and rendering her incapable of texting or placing calls.

A spokesperson for Samsung was quick to point out that the battery inside the phone was a replacement unit -- not an original Samsung battery.

Neither Samsung nor the manufacturer of the battery or to blame, shame on Ariel`s parents for letting her develop such an unhealthy and unnatural relationship with her phone.

Read More:

http://q13fox.com/2014/07/25/samsung-phone-caught-fire-under-sleeping-girls-pillow-family-says/

Photo Credit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

robertpaulreyes@gmail.com

Follow Robert Paul Reyes on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robertpaulreyes