May 10th, 2015 10:52 EST
Vet Operates on Silly Pooch Who Ate 23 Bullets
"An Arkansas veterinarian has kept a dog from going out with a bang after the animal ate 23 live rifle rounds.
The Baxter Bulletin reports that 4-year-old Belgian Malinois, Benno, had surgery last week to remove the .308-caliber ammunition from his stomach.
Owner Larry Brassfield says Benno has eaten socks, magnets and marbles but he didn`t expect the animal would bother a bag of bullets by his bed. Brassfield and his wife realized Benno needed medical attention after the pet vomited up four rounds."
I spoil my dog, Mandy, to death, not only do I feed her gourmet dog food, but I share my meals with her every day.
Even though Mandy dines like a princess, when I take her walking she still eats disgusting things she finds along the way, like a moldy slice of pizza, a rotten tomato or even dog crap.
Pooches just have a natural inclination to eat anything that`s lying around, a prudent and conscientious pet owner will dog-proof his house.
The vet removed 17 rifle rounds (big-ass bullets) from Benno`s stomach but left two in his esophagus, which the pooch was allowed to discharge on his own. Any canine who shi** bullets is one tough cur!