November 30th, 2015 10:09 EST
Burglar Stuck in Chimney Dies After Resident Lights Fire
"Authorities Sunday night identified the man who became stuck in the chimney of a Huron home during a botched burglary attempt and died after the homeowner lit a fire in the fireplace.
Tony Botti, spokesman for the Fresno County Sheriff`s Office, said the man identified by the county coroner was 19-year-old Cody Caldwell. The cause of death was smoke inhalation and burns, Botti said.
Sheriff`s Lt. Brandon Pursell said deputies received a 911 call to the 16000 block of West Gale Avenue just before 3 p.m. Saturday. After lighting a fire, the male homeowner heard screams coming from somewhere inside the house. When the resident realized a person was in the chimney, he extinguished the fire.
Deputies and firefighters had to smash the chimney to get Caldwell out. He was pronounced dead at the scene. "
There is so much depressing news in the world that I figured my readers needed a story that would warm their cockles. The criminal justice system is a joke and criminals get away with murder (literally and figuratively); this hapless burglar got exactly what he deserved, not through human agency, but by divine intervention.
By God I hope there`s a real hell with real fire, a burglar burning to death in a chimney hoping to find relief in blessed oblivion wakes up in the lake of fire -- beautiful, just beautiful.
My thoughts and prayers is with the homeowner, not only did his house suffer thousands in damage, but he has to suffer the guilt of unintentionally setting a man on fire.
Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/crime/article46988790.html#storylink=cpy
Follow Robert Paul Reyes on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robertpaulreyes
Photo Credit: Wikipedia