July 1st, 2016 10:27 EST
Dog Retrieves Hand After Idiot Loses It In Firecracker Explosion
"A Chicago nurse got a rude awakening Thursday afternoon when a man in her Portage Park neighborhood blew off his hand with a firecracker " a body part that was found hours later by the nurse`s dog.
Cheri Steigert normally works the overnight shift and was sleeping around 3:30 p.m. when she heard a large explosion and a scream.
She learned that a man had been injured in a fireworks explosion and lost at least two fingers. A few hours later, she learned it was even worse.
Steigert let her dog out in the yard, and it returned with something in its mouth and dropped the item " a bunny rabbit, she thought, at first."
It wasn`t a cute bunny rabbit that Steigert`s dog brought back, but a mangled bloody hand. I would have feinted right away, but Steigert is a nurse who has seen much worse tending to the sick and injured at the hospital.
When I let my pooch Mandy room free at a park, there`s no telling what she will bring me back: An old shoe, a pine cone, a dead lizard.
Moral of this story:
Beware of your pooch bringing you a gift!
Firecrackers are inherently dangerous, play safe this Independence Day!