July 4th, 2018 19:14 EST
Cat Suffers Serious Burns After Collar Melts in the Hot Weather
"A warning has been issued to pet owners after a collar melted and caused serious burns to a cats neck. Kim Mills recently bought the reflective collar by Ancol for her cat Megatron. Just days after putting it on him, she noticed that he was uncomfortable. `I checked the collar and the plastic clip had melted and fused to Megatron`s skin. He must have been in agony,` Mills said.
`When we took the collar off there was fur and skin fused to it, and a horrible burn wound on my cat`s neck.`"
In these dog days of summer we must keep in mind that hot asphalt can burn your dog`s paws, but cats can also suffer from the sweltering heat.
A kitty who was wearing a plastic reflective collar suffered serious burns to his neck when it melted under the hot sun.
I commend Megatron`s owner for fitting her cat with a reflective collar, but no dog or cat should be out too long in the unrelenting heat of summer.
If Megatron was kept inside all the time he would be safe not only from the heat, but from cars, predators and ticks and fleas.
Enjoy the summer sun, but keeps your pets out of the brutal heat.
Read more at: https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/cat-suffers-serious-burns-after-collar-melts/
Follow Robert Paul Reyes on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robertpaulreyes
Photo Credit: Wikipedia
Link to homepage of Robert Paul Reyes: http://robertpaulreyes.com