April 24th, 2009 09:46 EST
Judyth Piazza chats with John Basedow about the Premiere of "The Cougar"
Two new speaking gigs...Taste This TV...Get your business on a new TV show...and a friend in need!
1. NAVEL Health & Wellness Expo - My favorite expo is back and I`m the morning keynote speaker this year! All FMS Members who want to come show some love and support get in for FREE as my guests! It`s being held Sunday May 3rd 9A-9P (long fun day!) at the Huntington Hilton in Melville NY. For more details on the expo visit www.FitnessMadeSimple.com and call Pat at the office (516-293-0764) to reserve your free seats. Hope to see you there! I want a huge audience! :)
2. Green Living Expo - I`ll be appearing, signing copies of my book, and speaking on a panel about "What we eat and our path to total wellness." Find out about the Green Revolution, how what we ingest affects us, and the meaning behind all of the terms we hear everyday: orgranic, vegan, and gluten-free. The Green Living Expo is being held at Suffolk Community College/Brentwood Campus, 101 Crooked Hill Rd, Brentwood, NY on April 25th (11A-6P) and 26th (11A-5P). For more info, visit www.GreenLivingExpoLI.com. I got a few FREE tickets for FMS Members and they`re going to the first people who call Pat at the office (516-293-0764). Call now...they`ll go quickly.
3. GREAT OPPORTUNITY - As you know from the last eblast, I`m now the Fitness Correspondent on a new weekly syndicated TV show called Live It Up! with Donna Drake & Fran Capo, where I do a Q&A segment about cutting edge fitness, health, and wellness topics. Currently, the show airs in the NY/NJ/CT area every Friday at 6-7A on WLNY-TV 10/55. You can also see my segments on their website at: http://LiveItUpTVShow.com/fitness.html.
Now, the producers of Live It Up! are offering a special discounted sponsorship opportunity to business associates of the various correspondents, like me. This a great deal and a chance to get your product or service publicized in association with a high profile TV show. For just a $100 flat rate (no monthly fee), your company name/logo will be displayed on the www.LiveItUpTVShow.com with a link to your website for the period of one year! If you don`t have a website, then a phone number will be displayed. If you`re interested in taking advantage of this great deal, email CustomerService@FitnessMadeSimple.com or call Pat at the office (516-293-0764) and she`ll put you in touch with the Live It Up! producers.
Additional Info: Live It Up! with Donna Drake & Fran Capo is an uplifting series about hope, motivation, and inspiration that helps educate and empower people to live life to the fullest. Weekly segments include beauty, cooking, empowerment, entertainment, environment, finance, fitness, wellness and interviews with dynamic figures.
4. Taste This TV - INSIDE SCOOP: You`re the first to know this. I`ll now be appearing on Taste This TV, which airs nationally on PBS stations, doing a segment called "Descramble The Menu" where I`ll be rating restaurant meals based on the "FMS Food Trifecta"...meaning the 3 P`s...how pleasing a meal is to our Pocketbook, Pallet, and Paunch. I also call it my "BTW" or "By The Way" scale...as in the appeal of a restaurant to our Budget, Tastebuds, and Waistline. I`m taping my first 2 segments on Saturday April 25th in NYC and you can checkout our website www.FitnessMadeSimple.com for more details.
5. Friend In Need - I went with my good friend Vivica Fox to the premiere party for her new TV show, The Cougar on TVLand, and I want to rally the support of the greatest people I know - the FMS Members - to support her by watching the show. You probably get TVLand wherever you are so catch her show Wednesdays at 10P...plus it reruns constantly throughout the week. You can even leave her a comment on the show blog at www.TheCougar.tv. Let`s help Viv achieve much success!
Here`s an article by a reporter at the party:
Don`t forget our new slogan - When times get tough, work it out!
REMINDER - One of my biggest goals for this year is to have our book, Fitness Made Simple: The Power to Change Your Body & Life, make the New York Times Bestseller List! It`s the work I`m most proud of because this book contains a complete blueprint for anyone to build the body of their dreams and start living the life they`ve always wanted. It eliminates all of the guesswork by providing the exact lean muscle building exercises and fat fighting nutritional meal plan, including recipes which take 5 minutes or less to prepare, that myself and thousands of other male and female Fitness Made Simple Members, from teenagers to grandparents, have used to achieve their goals. If you haven`t ordered a copy yet, please do so today. Every order helps further increase awareness that we don`t have to settle for less than what we want and that we all have the power to look and feel great. You can get it at www.FitnessMadeSimple.com or at your local Borders and Barnes & Noble bookstores.