-- Joel C. Rosenberg, the New York Times best-selling author and founder of The Joshua Fund, is hosting a major conference of 2,000 Christians from around the world in Jerusalem next week to help Christians celebrate Israel`s 60th anniversary, educate Christians as to the serious threats facing the Jewish State and her neighbors, and mobilize Christians around the world to pray for the peace of Jerusalem and provide humanitarian relief to the poor and needy and those suffering from war and terrorism.
On May 14, 2008, Jews and Christians the world over will celebrate the 60th anniversary of the dramatic and prophetic rebirth of the Jewish State.
In light of this historic anniversary, a national survey was commissioned by Rosenberg to examine more closely the attitudes of American Christians toward Israel, the future of Jerusalem, the Iranian nuclear threat, and other Middle East issues.
Results of this exclusive poll will be released during the Epicenter Conference on April 10th.
Invited speakers to the Epicenter Conference include:
- Former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
- Former Deputy Prime Minister Natan Sharansky
- Pastor Chuck Smith of Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa
- Pastor Skip Heitzig of Calvary Chapel Albuquerque, a member of the board of Samaritan`s Purse, and co-host of the "Epicenter" documentary film
- Joel C. Rosenberg, founder of The Joshua Fund, "New York Times" best-selling author of "Epicenter: Why The Current Rumblings In The Middle East Will Change Your Future," and co-host of the "Epicenter" documentary film.
Additionally, the Hon. Porter Goss will address delegates of the Epicenter Conference in Jerusalem on Thursday, April 10th. Mr. Goss served as the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency from 2004 to 2006. A former CIA operative, he later served for sixteen years as a Member of Congress from Florida, serving as Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee from 1997 to 2004. Mr. Goss will speak to the conference via video on the threats facing the U.S. and Israel from Iran, the latest situation in Iraq, and why this war with radical Islam is so vital to Western interests.
- The Epicenter Conference will be held on Thursday, April 10, 2008 from 9:30am to 6:00pm Israel daylight time.
- The event will be held in the International Conference Center in Jerusalem, which can accommodate up to 3,000 guests.
- The event will be webcast worldwide at http:epicenter08.com and archived for later viewing.
- For more information - and to register for the conference - go to: www.joshuafund.net or www.epicenter08.com