April 14th, 2009 13:16 EST
The National HOT DOG & SAUSAGE Council serves Breakfast Burritos
Recently I was contacted by a friend at the National HOT DOG & SAUSAGE Council at www.hot-dog.org who is on a drive promoting one of my favorite foods breakfast sausage! As many of you know we recently launched our newest breakfast sausage called Boss Hog Country Sausage. This is an excellent sausage in which Bacon Freak has blended ham with hickory smoked sausage to create a unique meaty flavor. The sausages have a smokey taste to make your breakfast burritos extra special!
Try the National HOT DOG & SAUSAGE Council`s newest breakfast creation:
Yield: 8 breakfast servings
1 pound breakfast or bulk sausage
1 cup chopped sweet onion
1 cup seeded and chopped green bell pepper
8 large eggs
1/4 cold water
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
8 (8-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
1 to 1-1/2 cups chunky salsa, optional
1. In a large heavy nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, breaking sausage into small pieces. Cook until no longer pink. Drain well on clean paper towels. Keep sausage warm.
2. Drain all but 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of pan drippings. Add onion and bell pepper to skillet and cook until vegetables are soft. Wipe skillet clean. Keep vegetables warm.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, water and pepper. Spray skillet with cooking spray. Over medium heat, add egg mixture stirring for 3 to 4 minutes or until eggs are scrambled and set. Keep warm.
4. Layer 1/3 cup sausage down center of each warm tortilla, leaving 1-inch border at ends. Top each with equal amounts of vegetables, scrambled eggs and cheese.
5. Fold bottom edge up over filling and fold right and left sides of tortilla over filling. Roll up tightly.
6. Serve with salsa, if desired.
Signing off at Pigging out!
Rocco "Boss Hog" Loosbrock
(SOP readers use coupon code SOP to get 10% off your next SAUSAGE order)
Rocco owns and runs a Bacon of the Month Club called The Bacon Freak Bacon is Meat Candy Bacon Club as well as a Wine Club called the Coastal Vineyard Wine Club