November 12th, 2009 11:39 EST
America's H1N1 Death Toll 4 Times Higher Than Reported?
According to the CDC, as many as 4,000 Americans within the United States may have died as a result of contracting the H1N1 influenza virus (swine flu). The report states that previously only lab verified cases have been reported to the media.
Common signs of H1N1:
· fever *
· sore throat
· runny or stuffy nose
· body aches
· sometimes diarrhea and vomiting
*It`s important to note that not everyone with flu will have a fever.
What are the emergency warning signs?
· Fast breathing or trouble breathing
· Bluish skin color
· Not drinking enough fluids
· Not waking up or not interacting
· Being so irritable that the child does not want to be held
· Flu-like symptoms improve but then return with fever and worse cough
· Fever with a rash
· Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
· Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen
· Sudden dizziness
· Severe or persistent vomiting