November 26th, 2008 15:30 EST
Looking for Something to Be Thankful For?
Woe unto me! All is lost, there is nothing to be thankful for this year!
Is that the lament falling from your own cranberry blasted lips this holiday?
Listen up, buster and bustess! There is plenty to be thankful for, if you are willing to look hard enough.
My attitude of gratitude includes joy for the following:
1. In less than 60 days, George W. Bush will be powerless, out of the White House, and relegated to the streets of Crawford.
2. W`s legacy of endless wars, open borders, economic depression, and Barack Obama is most unlikely to be replicated during the lifetime of anyone now breathing.
3. Hillary Rodham Clinton is not president.
4. The most extreme "change" coming from Barack Obama so far is his change of mind concerning change!
5. This reporter has not lost a personal fortune during the meltdown. How can one lose something one has never had?
6. Joe Biden and Barack Obama are no longer in the U.S. Senate.
7. Unable to accommodate the flow of unemployed Mexican illegal aliens from America, the Mexican government is near collapse, proving the old adage that "What goes around, comes around!"
8. Once considered a luxury, gasoline can now be bought for under $2 a gallon. Terrific for those who still have jobs to drive to.
9. America is free from national elections until 2010.
10. Henry Paulson has no twin and is incapable of reproducing.
See? Just by opening one`s mind to the presence of positive Karma, there is plenty to be thankful for.