October 2nd, 2007 08:03 EST
Is George W. Bush a True Believer
George W. Bush has never been subtle about his faith, but until now, only his inner circle has understood the extent to which it guides his policy. In The Evangelical President, the president reveals, for the first time, the depth of his religious conviction and the crucial role it plays in his consequential presidency. With remarkable candor, Bush tells bestselling author Bill Sammon that there is a moral dimension to his stance on hot-button issues ranging from Iraq to abortion. Clearly, Bush is evangelical about both faith and war.
The president confides to Sammon, veteran White House correspondent for the Washington Examiner, about the "moments in my life when I rejected prayer," conceding: "I'm still a person seeking redemption." And yet the president's faith never wavered as he brought justice to Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein and top terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. Nor did Bush falter when the hopelessly biased mainstream media overreacted to Vice President Cheney's hunting accident and Senator George Allen's "macaca" gaffe, which cost Republicans control of Congress.
Through it all, Bush stoically accepts the low approval ratings that come with making unpopular decisions that happen to be morally correct. "I passionately believe that freedom and liberty are universal and can change the world," the president says in one of many exclusive interviews Sammon conducted with Bush, Vice President Cheney, and their closest confidantes.
In The Evangelical President: George Bush's Struggle to Spread a Moral Democracy Throughout the World, readers learn:
- Why Bush believes the Republicans will hold the White House in 2008-and his candid assessment of Barack Obama
- Why the Supreme Court's ruling on partial birth abortion was a victory and a vindication for Bush
- Why Bush is determined to push ahead with his policy in Iraq even after his party's loss in Congress
- Why Bush has offered advice to Democratic presidential candidate, Hillary Clinton
- How the media has continuously underestimated President Bush, mocking him for his faith and ignoring his achievements
To schedule an interview with Bill Sammon please contact Hugh Norton (ext. 124) or Peter Robbio (ext. 116) at 703-683-5004.
Custom writing company offers research papers, term papers, dissertations and essays writing assistance for students all over the world.
Stay in Vero Beach, Florida!
Fully Furnished Weekly or Monthly Rentals
Two bedroom Beachside villas