Contact theSOPAbout theSOPSupport theSOPWritersEditorsManaging Editors
theSOP logo
Published:September 5th, 2007 10:54 EST
Nuclear Physics Seminar

Nuclear Physics Seminar

By SOP newswire

The GW Department of Physics is located in

 Corcoran Hall
at      725 21st Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20006.

The mailing address is:

at      Department of Physics
The George Washington University
Washington, D.C. 20052

 This map of northwest Washington, DC, shows the general area where GW is located.

Corcoran Hall houses the GW Physics and Chemistry Departments. Its location is marked by an "x" on the map here The main entrance to the building is on 21st Street, across from Lisner Auditorium. The Departmental Office is on the ground floor, in Room 105, to the right as one comes in through the main entrance.

The large lecture hall, Corcoran 101, is located on the ground floor and the smaller seminar room, Corcoran 205, is found on the second floor. Occasionally, seminars will be held in Room 311 of Samson Hall, which is easily accessible via the second floor of Corcoran Hall.

In the streets around Corcoran Hall, there are metered parking spaces. There is also a visitor`s parking garage on H Street, between 21st and 22nd Streets. (Note: Speakers will be reimbursed for their parking fees.)

The closest Metro Station is Foggy Bottom/GWU, on the Blue and Orange lines. Situated across the corner of 23rd and I Streets, it is only a little more than three blocks away.

Additional information is found here:

If we have agreed to reimburse you for your expenses, please make sure that you collect all original receipts. Unless we have agreed to pay you a per diem, we regret we cannot make any payments without original receipts.

If we pay for your travel, you may avail yourself of GW-approved travel agents who bill us directly.

Non-US citizens must be in possession of a valid visa allowing them to receive reimbursements, typically a B-1 business visa. Please note that federal regulations do not permit us to make any payments to foreign nationals without a visa of this type. (A B-2 tourist visa is not sufficient.)

Foreign participants in the CNS Visiting Scholars Program will need a J-1 visa. We will provide assistance in obtaining this visa.