February 10th, 2006 14:38 EST
Drug investigation nets three Ft. Pierce individuals
An undercover drug investigation netted three Ft. Pierce, Fla. individuals Monday, one being a local bus driver, police officials said Friday. Lillie Worthen, 58,; Alexander Brooks, 32; and Frank Worthen, 21, all from Ft. Pierce were arrested on drug charges stemming from police investigators entering The Cold Spot #2, located at 1502 Ave. D, and purchasing narcotics as a part of an ongoing investigation that began in early January.
According to a police report, an investigation in January revealed that a Ft. Pierce police investigator drove up to the drive-thru window of The Cold Spot #2 and purchased drugs and then drove to a pre-determined location, where police were handed a clear baggy containing a “white powder substance,” which later tested positive for cocaine. Police also tested another bag, which tested positive for marijuana.
The individual who made the sale at the drive-thru window was identified as Brooks, a store employee. On Feb. 3, Ft. Pierce police officials conducted a search warrant, where police recovered:
- two clear baggies of marijuana
- approximately 1 ounce of marijuana, which was found in Frank Worthen’s vehicle
- a marijuana blunt which was recovered from a vehicle on the premises
- half ounce of marijuana from another vehicle
- one gram of marijuana, which was in Alexander Brooks’ front pocket
- a blue and clear colored plastic bowl with marijuana residue inside
- approximately 20 grams of MDMA pills
- three baggies of marijuana
- $409 in cash, which was found on Alexander Brooks
Brooks was arrested and charged with trafficking of MDMA, sale of cocaine and possession of marijuana while Worthen, owner and manager of the business, was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana over 20 grams and trafficking of MDMA. The third individual, Frank Worth, was also arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.