February 8th, 2009 13:55 EST
What is Kasey Fleisher all about?
Recently I was accused of having a meat-oriented agenda with the recipes I
present my readers. Well, of course! I do own a bacon of the month
club! Duh! Oh, did I mention this hate mail came once again from a member
of PETA! OK, so for my vegan friends, I came across a very different and
very tasty recipe from Kasey Fleisher of www.eatingthroughsf.blogspot.com.
Eating through San Francisco`s blog is a good read because their mission is
to provide healthy, easy recipes and relevant reviews of San Francisco`s
food establishments as well as musings about life and travel related to
You don`t have to be vegetarian to enjoy this meal!
Her recipe, Stir-Fried, Stuffed Squash Blossoms:
* Serves 2 for dinner, along with the below scallops
8 squash blossoms, inspected for any bugs, wiped down (with pistons
fresh goat cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper
flour for dredging
1. Once you have successfully cleaned the blossoms, carefully open up the
flowers and stuff about a teaspoon of goat cheese into each one.
2. Twist the flower closed.
3. Once finished stuffing, whisk 1 egg in a flat-ish bowl.
4. Sprinkle flour into a separate bowl.
5. Dunk each squash blossom into the egg wash and then dredge in flour.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Pour olive oil into a nonstick pan and wait until it gets really hot. Put
all squash blossoms into the pan and reduce the heat slightly.
7. Turn the blossoms occasionally so that they develop a light golden crust.
Signing off at Pigging out!
Rocco "Boss Hog" Loosbrock
Use coupon code (sop) to get a 10% discount at www.baconfreak.com
Rocco owns and runs a Bacon of the Month Club called The Bacon Freak Bacon is Meat Candy Bacon Club as well as a Wine Club called the Coastal Vineyard Wine Club