February 22nd, 2007 15:25 EST
Can You See W in Fatigues?
Tony Blair and the British have remarkable senses of humor.
On Wednesday, they told the world that the UK is pulling out of Iraq with 1,600 limeys scheduled to leave by the end of this year.
Then on Thursday, we learn that the British are sending Prince Harry, heir to the throne, to the battlefields of Iraq!
Good grief, Yo! Blair!
How is our little dyslexic cowboy from Texas supposed to keep up with all that fancy footwork? Hell, we don't even have princes in our armed forces, although there may be a queen or two.
Obviously, W needs to step up to the plate in a hurry and show the world that America is still number 1. Yo! Blair notwithstanding.
As one who supports this administration to the fullest extent possible, I took it on myself to come up with a short list of American "royalty" that Bush could send to Baghdad in order to reassert American dominance.
* Speaker Nancy Pelosi: Most powerful woman in the world! Can you picture Nancy going eyeball to eyeball with a crazed Jihadist?
* Hillary Rodham Clinton: She could campaign for votes---among the terrorists!
* Barney Frank: Not a queen in the traditional sense, but a queen nonetheless!
* Barack Obama: Excellent choice because he knows the language!
* Mitt Romney: Selling Mormonism might be easier in Iraq than in U.S.!
And finally, I told the president that he might consider the ultimate sacrifice: Namely, if all else fails, George, do it yourself!
Can you picture our beloved president bicycling through the streets of Tikrit, Saddam Hussein's hometown, for exercise?
Oddly enough, although I sent my list over an hour ago, I have still not heard back from the White House. Must be the weather.
John Lillpop is a recovering liberal, "clean and sober" since 1992 when last he voted for a Democrat. Pray for John: He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area, where people like Nancy Pelosi are considered reasonable!