October 1st, 2007 05:36 EST
Planned Parenthood facing Grand Jury
Operation Rescue announces that a coalition of pro-life groups has launched a citizen petition effort to convene a grand jury in Johnson County, Kansas, to investigate Planned Parenthood of Kansas and Mid-Missouri.
The Coalition has reason to believe that Planned Parenthood may be violating the law. It is asking for a grand jury to investigate the abortion business for allegedly:
- Performing, allowing to be performed, or colluding to perform illegal late term abortions,
- Failing to report suspected child abuse, and suspected child sexual abuse,
- Failing to follow the standard of care in providing medical advice or failure to conduct medical procedures as required by Kansas statute,
- Providing false information in order to induce government action or inaction,
- Harvesting and/or illegal trafficking in fetal tissue,
- Failing to comply with parental consent requirements,
- Failing to enforce the required 24-hour waiting period and other violations of Kansas Statutes.
Kansas is one of only six states that provides for the citizen`s petition to compel a county to convene a grand jury. Approximately 3,500 signatures of registered voters in Johnson County are required. The Coalition`s goal is to gather 5,000 signatures in the next few days.
The Life Is For Everyone (L.I.F.E.) Coalition, which is sponsoring the grand jury effort, is comprised of an alliance of groups including Concerned Women For America, Women Influencing the Nation, and Operation Rescue.
"It is time to get to the bottom of what is really going on inside Planned Parenthood. We believe this investigation could have national implications, especially if indictments are returned," said Operation Rescue President Troy Newman. "Because of the innocent lives that are at stake and seriousness of the allegations, there is a sense of urgency to get this grand jury underway as soon as possible."
Johnson County registered voters are urged to visit LIFEpetition.com to learn more and to print and sign the petition.
Operation Rescue is one of the leading pro-life Christian activist organizations in the nation. Operation Rescue recently made headlines when it bought and closed an abortion clinic in Wichita, Kansas and has become the voice of the pro-life activist movement in America. Its activities are on the cutting edge of the abortion issue, taking direct action to restore legal personhood to the pre-born and stop abortion in obedience to biblical mandates.