January 12th, 2006 08:49 EST
(Ft. Pirece FL) Missing Person Upgraded to Abduction
Sheriff of St. Lucie County, Florida
Ken J. Mascara
January 12, 2006
Contact: Lieutenant Jerry Rothman
Public Information Officer
Cellular (772) 370-2692
Fax (772) 462-3605
Missing Person Upgraded to Abduction
Sheriff Ken Mascara announced today that detectives investigating the disappearance of Dori Ann Myers now suspect she was abducted. Detectives have come to this conclusion based upon the following:
1. Neighbors heard arguing coming from Mrs. Myers’ residence (8401 Salerno Road, Fort Pierce, Florida) prior to the fire starting.
2. Mrs. Myers’ purse was found inside the residence. It appears Mrs. Myers did not take any personal items prior to leaving the residence.
3. Mrs. Myers has not made any contact with family or friends.
4. Investigators believe the fire at the residence and car was started to cover up any possible clues.
5. Witnesses saw Mrs. Myers’ 1998 Toyota, 4 door, black, bearing Florida Tag # Q228BA being backed out of the driveway and being driven off at or approximately time of fire starting.
6. Mrs. Myers was observed accompanied by two males on the evening of January 10, 2006. One male was described as having a dark complexion and the other was a white male wearing a ball cap.
Sheriff Mascara said, “We’re extremely concern about Mrs. Myers well-being and we are using every means possible to uncover any clues to find Mrs. Myers. We are calling on the assistance of anyone who may have come into contact with Mrs. Myers or had seen her vehicle between St. Lucie County and Glades County. We’re asking them to call either Crime Stoppers at 1-800-273-TIPS or (772) 462-3230.”