June 30th, 2008 13:29 EST
China Quake Death Toll Up: 69,195 Dead
The death toll of China`s major earthquake still stood at Sunday`s figure of 69,195 as of Monday noon, the State Council Information Office said.
The number of the injured stayed at 374,177 and people reported missing dropped one from Sunday`s figure to 18,403 after the 8.0-magnitude quake jolted southwestern Sichuan Province and neighboring regions on May 12.
As of Monday noon, 96,368 injured people had been hospitalized and 85,529 have recovered and left hospital. There are still 8,201 people remaining in hospital, the office said.
The government disaster relief fund had reached 54.72 billion yuan (about 7.82 billion U.S. dollars), including 49.61 billion yuan from the central budget and 5.11 billion yuan from the local budget.
Domestic and foreign donations had reached 55.3 billion yuan in cash and goods, of which 19.8 billion yuan had been forwarded to the quake-hit areas.
About 1.58 million tents, 4.87 million quilts, 14.1 million garments and 1.56 million tons of fuel oil had been sent to the quake-hit areas, it said.
As of Sunday, relief workers had built 379,800 temporary houses and another 25,000 were being installed, while the materials for 44,800 of such shelters had arrived in the affected areas.
In the 24 hours that ended Monday noon, 152 aftershocks at or below magnitude-3.9 were monitored in the quake zone, according to the China Earthquake Administration.
As of Sunday noon, 6,856 out of 8,426 damaged waterworks have resumed operation, and 44,288 km out of the 48,276 km ruptured water supply pipelines have been restored, according to the Ministry of Water Resources.
Of the 53,295 km of roads damaged in the quake, 52,342 km had been restored, the office said.