May 18th, 2012 11:57 EST
Judyth Piazza interviews Rachel Cherie, Author of Daughters of the High Seas (Book 1): Treachery at Martinique Isle
Author Name: Rachel CheríeDate of Birth: December 26, 1985 in Fresno, CaliforniaOther Information:
- Has been actively writing stories on and off since elementary school.
- Completed her first novel manuscript at the age of 14 after an illness kept her bedridden for several weeks.
- Used to enjoy reading, but after 3 middle school years in a school-mandated reading program, actually doesn`t care for reading anymore.
- Has continued writing not just from personal motivation and love of the art, but also from strong encouragement from close friends and family.
- Self published her first book, Sometimes Angels Fall in 2005, during her Freshman year of college to give to her cousin to whom the book was dedicated instead of going through the full publishing process. This book is now being published through Tate Publishing with a new title of Daughters of the High Seas (Book 1): Treachery at Martinique Isle.
- Is the oldest of three siblings.
- Has a degree in Business Administration.
- Self-taught herself web design and does it on the side (see Rachel Cherie Designs).
- Currently living in California with her husband, son, and multiple pets (3 cats and 3 leopard geckos).
Daughters of the High Seas (Book 1): Treachery at Martinique Isle
At the SW sea, turn your back, to the inn
lies the key, Across the way.
Stay and it will lead ye, True to the marker
to set the treasure free, At last to dig in sand.
In the mid 1600`s, when King Charles I reigned England and pirates controlled the seas, twins separated at birth are reunited under dire circumstances in the sleepy town of Port de Couler de Bateaux, Port of Sinking Ships [read more]
For More Information: http://www.rachelcherie.com