Contact theSOPAbout theSOPSupport theSOPWritersEditorsManaging Editors
theSOP logo
Published:October 27th, 2013 11:09 EST
puppy

Dog Starts Apartment Fire! Emergency Crew Performs Mouth-to-Snout Resuscitation

By Robert Paul Reyes

"Fire officials say a dog reaching for treats turned on a stove and started a fire causing smoke damage to an apartment in the central Washington city of Wenatchee.

puppy

Wenatchee Fire Marshal Mark Yaple tells KPQ radio that it appears the black Labrador was reaching for a bag of dog food left on a stove top when it turned on the stove with its paw."

CBS News

Stories of dogs barking, waking their owners, and saving them from death in a house fire are legion. Man`s best friend is always on duty, sniffing out danger, and protecting his owner and his home.

But a pooch is also always looking for a treat, if you`re having a picnic in your backyard chances are that your dog will grab a chicken drumstick or a hot dog from the table before all is said and done.

Canines aren`t thieves; they just feel entitled to eat anything that isn`t secure in the refrigerator or a kitchen cupboard.

Here`s a story about a dog who started a fire, although truth to told he`s not really to blame. His owner should never have left a bag of dog food on top of the stove, that`s inviting calamity.

The residents weren`t home when fire fighters arrived, and damage to the house was estimated at $10,000.

The brave emergency crews revived the hungry dog with mouth-to-snout resuscitation.

Read More:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57609471/dog-blamed-for-apartment-fire-in-wash-state/

Photo Credit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

robertpaulreyes@gmail.com

Follow Robert Paul Reyes on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robertpaulreyes