November 20th, 2014 10:03 EST
Electric Shock Turns Russian Boy into Magneto Boy: Video
"Twelve-year-old Nikolai Kryaglyachenko was walking home from school one day when he stopped to lean against a lamppost.
Unfortunately for Nikolai, the lamppost had a faulty wire and the schoolboy was blasted across the street by a jolt of electricity.
`When I came round, I felt groggy, but managed to get home and told my mum what had happened. When I woke up the next day and got out of bed, I found some coins that had been lying on the mattress had stuck to my body. Then when I was having breakfast and dropped my spoon, it stuck to my chest,` Nikolai revealed."
New York Post
The pudgy Russian lad bears no physical resemblance to a superhero, but he wields powers similar to those of Marvel character Magneto.
Nikolai`s newly accrued powers won`t fend off attacks from bullies, but at least he`s gained a measure of Internet fame.
It`s interesting how most of the metal objects that get stuck to his fat belly are spoons and forks, homeboy needs to put down those utensils and pick up some barbells.